Global Open Water Swimming Conference
The Global Open Water Swimming Conference is an annual celebration and global get-together of luminaries in the sport of open water swimming. The 2013 Conference will be held in Cork, Ireland and is hosted by Oswald Schmidt. The Conference includes the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame (IMSHOF) induction ceremonies and the World Open Water Swimming Association (WOWSA) in additional to presentations, speeches and talks by experts in the field. The Conference will present speakers of sporting, scientific and environmental interest to open water swimmers. The Conference will include at least one lap of Sandycove Island on 13 October weather and safety permitting.
- 11 October – Full Conference including Friday Reception and Saturday Lectures, Lunch, WOWSA Awards, Tea, Coffee, Wine Reception, Gala Dinner and IMSHOF Awards, €100.
- 12 October – Gala Dinner, Wine Reception and IMSHOF Awards, cost €50.
- 12 October – Conference only including Saturday Lectures, Lunch, WOWSA Awards, Tea, Coffee €50.
- 13 October – Sunday Swim at Sandycove Island including Soup and Sandwiches and Bus Transfer to and from the City, €35.
- Rochestown Park Hotel, Cork, Ireland
- 2010 – Marriott Hotel, Long Beach, California, USA
- 2011 – Delegates Room, United Nations Building, New York, USA
- 2012 – Queen Mary, Long Beach, California, USA,br/>
- 2013 – Rochestown Park Hotel, Cork, Ireland